Terms & Conditions
Art. 1. These general conditions are intended to regulate the relationship between CROWN-95 LTD, Bulgaria, Sofia, Sredets district, 13 Graf Ignatiev St, VAT BG204242589, represented by Georgi Aleksandrov, hereinafter referred to as SUPPLIER, and the customers, referred to as -below "USERS", also "USER", of the e-store "crownb2b.com", hereinafter also called "ELECTRONIC STORE" also "ONLINE STORE" "WEBSITE", "STORE" or "crownb2b.com"
Art. 2. Information according to the Electronic Commerce Act and the Consumer Protection Act:
- Supplier Name: CROWN-95 LTD
- Headquarters and management address: Bulgaria, Sofia, Sredets district, 13 Graf Ignatiev St
- Business address: Bulgaria, Sofia, Sredets district, 13 Graf Ignatiev St
- Correspondence details: Bulgaria, Sofia, Sredets district, 13 Graf Ignatiev St, firstname.lastname@example.org, +359877771077
- Entry in public registers: VAT BG204242589,
- Registration under the Value Added Tax Act No. BG
- Provider is a party to the PLATFORM's Code of Ethics available at crownb2b.com
- Supervisory bodies:
(1) Commission for the protection of personal data
Address: Sofia, 15 "Ivan Evstatiev Geshov" street,
phone: (02) 940 20 46
fax: (02) 940 36 40
Email: kzld@government .bg, email@example.com
(2) Commission for Consumer Protection
Address: 1000 Sofia, Slaveykov Square #4A, floors 3, 4 and 6,
phone: 02 / 980 25 24
fax: 02 / 988 42 18
hotline: 0700 111 22
- Registration under the Value Added Tax Act №BGBG204242589
ONLINE STORE CHARACTERISTICS
Art. 3. ONLINE STORE is an electronic store accessible at an address on the Internet by accessing "crownb2b.com", through it Users have the opportunity to conclude contracts for the purchase and sale and delivery of the goods offered by the STORE, including the following:
- Register and create a profile for browsing the ONLINE STORE and using the additional services for providing information;
- To make electronic statements in connection with the conclusion or execution of contracts with the ONLINE STORE through the interface of the ONLINE STORE page available on the Internet;
- To conclude contracts for the purchase and sale and delivery of the goods offered by ONLINE STORE;
- To make any payments in connection with the concluded contracts with the ONLINE STORE, according to the payment methods supported by the ONLINE STORE.
- To receive information about new goods offered by ONLINE STORE;
- To review the goods, their characteristics, prices and terms of delivery;
- To be notified of the rights arising from the law primarily through the interface of the ONLINE STORE page on the Internet;
Art. 4. The Supplier delivers the goods and guarantees the rights of the Users provided for by law, within the framework of good faith, accepted in practice, consumer or commercial law criteria and conditions.
Art. 5. (1) USERS conclude a contract for the purchase and sale of the goods offered by the ONLINE STORE through the Supplier's interface, available on its website at "crownb2b.com" or another means of remote communication.
(2) By virtue of the contract concluded with the Users for the purchase and sale of goods, the Supplier undertakes to deliver and transfer ownership of the goods specified by him through the interface to the User.
(3) Users shall pay the Supplier remuneration for the delivered goods in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the ONLINE STORE and these general terms and conditions. The remuneration is in the amount of the price announced by the Supplier at the address of the ONLINE STORE on the Internet.
(4) The Supplier delivers the goods requested by the Users within the terms and under the conditions set by the Supplier on the e-shop page and in accordance with these general terms and conditions.
(5) The price for the delivery is determined separately and explicitly from the price of the goods.
Art. 6. (1) The User and the Supplier agree that all statements between them in connection with the conclusion and execution of the sales contract may be made electronically and through electronic statements within the meaning of the Electronic Document and Electronic Signature Act and Art. . 11 of the Electronic Commerce Act.
(2) It is assumed that the electronic statements made by the Users of the site were made by the persons indicated in the data provided by the User during registration, if the User has entered the corresponding name and password for access.
USE OF ONLINE STORE
Art. 7. (1) In order to use the ONLINE STORE to conclude contracts for the purchase and sale of goods, the User should enter a name and password chosen by him for remote access in case he decides to register. If you choose to make a purchase as a guest, you must enter the requested shipping information.
(2) The name and password for remote access are determined by the User, through electronic registration on the Provider's website.
(3) By filling in his data and confirming the general terms and conditions with a tick, when placing an order, the User declares that he is familiar with these general terms and conditions, agrees with their content and undertakes to abide by them unconditionally.
(4) The Provider confirms the User's registration by sending a letter (e-mail) to the User's specified electronic address, to which information on activation of the registration is also sent. The Recipient confirms the registration and conclusion of the contract through an electronic reference in the letter notifying him of the completed registration sent by the Supplier. After the confirmation, the User's account is created and a contractual relationship is established between him and the Provider.
(5) When registering, the User undertakes to provide correct and up-to-date data. The user promptly updates the data specified in his registration in case of change.
Art. 8. (1) The electronic address provided during the initial registration of the User, as well as any subsequent electronic address used for the exchange of statements between the User and the Provider, is a "Primary electronic address" within the meaning of these general terms and conditions. The User has the right to change his Primary Contact Email Address.
(2) The Supplier is not responsible to the User for unlawfully changing the Main contact email address of the ONLINE STORE.
(3) The Provider may require the User to use the Main Contact Email Address in specific cases.
TECHNICAL STEPS FOR CONCLUSION OF A PURCHASE-SALE AGREEMENT
Art. 9. (1) Users primarily use the interface of the Provider's page to conclude contracts for the purchase and sale of the goods offered by the Provider in the ONLINE STORE.
(2) The contract is concluded in the Bulgarian language.
(3) The contract between the Provider and the User constitutes the present general terms and conditions available at crownb2b.com.
(4) Party to the contract with the Supplier is the User according to the data provided during registration and contained in the User's personal profile. For the avoidance of doubt these are the details with which an account was created with the Supplier.
(5) The supplier includes in the interface of its Internet page, technical means for identifying and correcting errors in the entry of information before the statement to conclude the contract is made.
(6) This contract is considered concluded from the moment of registration of the User with the Supplier. The contract for the purchase and sale of goods is considered concluded from the moment of its request by the User through the Supplier's interface (order finalization page, order request, order form)
(7) For the conclusion of this contract and for the conclusion of the contract for the purchase and sale of goods, the Supplier expressly notifies the User in an appropriate manner by electronic means.
(8) The statement of conclusion of the contract and the confirmation of its receipt are considered received when their addresses have the possibility of access to them.
(9) The Supplier delivers the goods to the address specified by the Users and is not responsible in the event that the data specified by the Users is incorrect or misleading.
Art. 10. Users conclude the purchase and sale contract with the Supplier according to the following procedure:
(1) Registering in the ONLINE STORE and providing the necessary data, if the User has not yet registered in the ONLINE STORE;
(2) Login to the ONLINE STORE ordering system by identifying with a name and password;
(3) Provision of the necessary data for purchase and sale without registration (guest order);
(4) Selecting one or more of the offered goods/services of the ONLINE STORE and adding them to a list of goods/services for purchase;
(5) Providing data for making the delivery;
(6) Choice of method and moment of payment of the price;
(7) Order confirmation.
SPECIFIC PROVIDER OBLIGATIONS. CONSUMER PROTECTION
Art. 11. The rules of this section VI of these general conditions apply to Users who, according to the data specified for the conclusion of the sales contract or during the registration in the ONLINE STORE, it can be concluded that they are users within the meaning of the Law for consumer protection, the Electronic Commerce Act and/or Directive 97/7/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 May 1997 on consumer protection in relation to distance contracts, as well as REGULATION (EU) 2016/ 679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL (in force from 25.05.2018).
Art. 12. (1) The main characteristics of the goods offered by the Supplier are defined in the profile of each product on the ONLINE STORE site.
(2) The price of the goods including all taxes is determined by the Supplier in the profile of each product on the ONLINE STORE website.
(3) The value of postage and transport costs not included in the price of the goods is not determined by the Supplier and is provided as detailed information on the Shipping and Payment page, part of crownb2b.com. The total value of the transport costs of each order depends on all the goods contained in it. The amount indicated when requesting an order, finalizing an order is indicated as an approximate final amount and is subject to change, depending on the number, type or volume of the application made by the User. The final delivery amount is formed by many factors - cash on delivery value, insurance, declared value, SMS notification and others. All transport costs are calculated at the moment of dispatch by the Supplier and are calculated according to the tariff of the relevant courier through which the User has requested that the request be fulfilled.
(4) The supplier indicates before concluding the contract the total value of the order for all the goods contained therein.
Art. 13. (1) The User agrees that the Supplier has the right to accept an advance payment for the contracts concluded with the User for the purchase and sale of goods and their delivery if such an advance payment is necessary. Advance payment depends on the nature of the product or service offered by the ONLINE STORE
(2) The User chooses independently whether to pay the Supplier the price for the delivery of the goods before or at the time of their delivery.
Art. 14. (1) The user has the right, without owing compensation or a penalty and without stating a reason, to withdraw from the concluded contract within 14 calendar days from the date of receipt of the goods.
(2) When the Supplier has not fulfilled its obligations to provide information, defined in art. 54 of the Consumer Protection Act, the consumer has the right to withdraw from the concluded contract within three months from the date of receipt of the goods. When the information under this paragraph is provided to the User within the opt-out period, the same begins to run from the date of its provision.
(3) In the event that the User exercises his right of refusal under para. 1, The Supplier is obliged to reimburse him in full the sums paid by the User no later than 14 calendar days from the date on which the User exercised his right to withdraw from the concluded contract. From the amount that the User has paid under the contract, the transport costs of sending and returning the goods to the Supplier are deducted.
(4) The User undertakes to store the goods received from the Supplier, their quality and safety during the period under para. 1.
Art. 15. (1) The term of delivery of the goods and the starting moment from which it runs is determined for each good separately when concluding the contract with the user through the website of the ONLINE STORE Supplier, unless the goods are ordered in one delivery.
(2) If the Supplier cannot fulfill the contract due to the fact that it does not have the ordered goods, it is obliged to notify the consumer of this and to refund the sums paid by it within 14 working days from the date on which the Supplier should have fulfill its obligation under the contract.
(3) The Supplier reserves the right to refuse a refund in the event that the goods/product were in a commercial condition, damaged or not in the condition in which the User received his shipment.
Art. 16. (1) The supplier hands over the goods to the consumer after certifying the fulfillment of the requirements and the presence of the circumstances under Art. 61 of the Consumer Protection Act.
(2) The User and the Supplier certify the circumstances under para. 1 in writing at the time of delivery by handwritten signature, unless otherwise agreed.
(3) The User and the Supplier agree that the requirements under para. 1 and Art. 61 of the Consumer Protection Act will be complied with if the authentication is carried out by a person who, according to the circumstances, can be inferred to pass on the information to the consumer - a party to the contract.
Art. 17. (1) The legal guarantee covers all established cases of non-compliance of the goods or services with the agreed upon. The merchant or a person authorized by him is obliged to accept the complaint if it is submitted in a timely manner.
(2) When the consumer goods do not correspond to the sales contract, the seller is obliged to bring them into compliance with the sales contract as provided for in Art. 113 et seq. of the Civil Code. In case of non-compliance of the consumer goods with the sales contract and when the consumer is not satisfied with the resolution of the complaint under Art. 113, he has the right to choose between one of the following options:
- cancellation of the contract and refund of the amount paid by him;
- Price Reduction.
(3) The consumer cannot claim a refund of the amount paid or a reduction in the price of the goods when the trader agrees to replace the consumer goods with a new one or to repair the goods within one month of the consumer's complaint.
(4) The trader is obliged to satisfy a request for cancellation of the contract and to refund the amount paid by the consumer, when, after having satisfied three complaints of the consumer by carrying out repairs of the same product, within the warranty period under Art. 15 (two years, taking into account the cases provided for by law when the term stops running), there is a subsequent occurrence of non-compliance of the goods with the sales contract. The consumer cannot claim to cancel the contract if the non-conformity of the consumer goods with the contract is minor.
Art. 18. The Supplier delivers and hands over the goods to the User within the time limit specified at the conclusion of the contract.
Art. 19. The User must inspect the goods at the time of delivery and handover by the Supplier and if it does not meet the requirements, notify the Supplier immediately.
It is mentioned here that if he takes the shipment, a 14-day cancellation period begins.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Art. 20. (1) The Provider takes measures to protect the User's personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
(2) For reasons of security of the Users' personal data, the Provider will send the data only to the email address that was specified by the Users at the time of registration or from the moment of making a request (order) as a guest (unregistered User).
Art. 21. At any time, the Provider has the right to require the User to identify himself and to certify the authenticity of each of the circumstances and personal data announced during registration.
AMENDMENT AND ACCESS TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Art. 22. (1) These general terms and conditions may be amended by the Provider, of which the latter will notify all registered ONLINE STORE Users in an appropriate manner.
(2) The Supplier and the User agree that any addition and amendment to these general terms and conditions will be effective against the User after the Supplier has expressly notified him and if the User does not state within the 14-day period granted to him that he rejects them.
(3) The User agrees that all statements of the Provider in connection with the amendment of these general conditions will be sent to the e-mail address specified by the User during registration. The user agrees that e-mails sent pursuant to this article do not need to be signed with an electronic signature in order to be effective against him.
Art. 23. The Provider publishes these terms and conditions on the Terms and Conditions page, as part of crownb2b.com, together with all additions and amendments thereto.
Art. 24. These general conditions and the User's contract with the Supplier are terminated in the following cases:
(1) upon termination and declaration of liquidation or declaration of bankruptcy of one of the parties to the contract;
(2) by mutual agreement of the parties in writing;
(3) unilaterally, with notice from either party in the event of default by the other party;
(4) in case of objective inability of one of the parties to the contract to fulfill its obligations;
(5) when the equipment is seized or sealed by government authorities;
(6) in case of deletion of the User's registration on the ONLINE STORE site. In this case, the concluded but unexecuted purchase and sale contracts remain valid and enforceable;
(7) in case of exercising the right of refusal according to Art. 55, para. 1 of the Consumer Protection Act.
Art. 25. The possible invalidity of any of the provisions of these general conditions will not lead to the invalidity of the entire contract.
Art. 26. The laws of the Republic of Bulgaria shall apply to matters not settled in this contract, related to the implementation and interpretation of this contract.
Art. 27. All disputes between the parties under this contract will be resolved by the competent court or the Consumer Protection Commission.
Art. 28. These general terms and conditions enter into force for all Users on 25.10.2022